Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cupcakes and the Salivary Gland


This entry today, is not so much about cupcakes. Inderectly it is, and it is certainly cute like a cupcake.



As many of you know, my 10 year old son is Autistic. He is an integral part of why I began an interest in cupcakes in the beginning. If it is in a cupcake, he will eat it! Frosted or not. Like many who buy cupcakes, seems that is his own personal bit of Yum! Seriously who is going to share a cupcake?

The other piece of information you will need for this little story is that Em is our little medical doctor. In his class he studied a very small text book piece on the digestive system. That was not good enough for him. He needed the entire Barron's Flash card collection on the digestive system. (this is used in med school)
Now my story.

This morning I had put out chocolate cupcakes. These have no eggs, they are full of flax and crushed beets. They are also choc full of blueberries and vanilla. I do not use marg or butter in these, I use an oil rich in omega 3. I left them out on a plate, as I figured if I did not give him one, I could avoid having to answer his Inspector Clouseau investigation as to what they do, or do not contain. He is studying health in school now, and truly turning into a health fiend.
Em: wow these look good.
Em: (to his stuffed animal) let's have one
Em: OOOOOH MY GOD!
Em: (to his stuffed animal) I think I swallowed one of my salivary glands with this cupcake, now I have the hiccups.
Em: MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!
Me: I am sitting in my chair now, wondering how to explain this one to him. Have a great day everyone!
Lyns

No comments: