Sunday, January 17, 2010

Black & White Cheesecake Cupcakes

For my third recipe I decided to go with a cheesecake cupcake courtesy of Kraft Recipes. I had an order for new york cheesecake bars and I thought I would do a test run with this recipe to check it out. The cheesecake consistency is very light, fluffy and moist. I love the chocolate crust versus the traditional graham cracker crust, this is usually something I always change in any cheesecake recipe. Whether it's using ginger snaps, oreo's or shortbread cookies I just love the difference in texture and it typically provides a more dense crust that will not crumble when you slice your pie. The benefit of baking cheesecake cupcakes is that you don't have to worry about slicing and it makes for a pretty presentation on any dessert bar.

Since I used a chocolate crust I decided to use my Houndstooth Cupcake liners that I purchased from my friend at Sweet Cuppin Cakes Bakery and Cupcakery Supplies. The butter from the crust will not bleed through these liners and are perfect for a traditional cupcake as well.

P.S. These liners also come in red!

No comments: