Monday, April 26, 2010
Rose water Cupcakes by baa baa Cupcake
Rosewater Pistachio Cupcakes - Makes one dozen - Adapted from Vegan Cupcakes...
* 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
* 2/3 cup milk
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 3/4 plus 2 Tb sugar
* 2 Tb rosewater
* 1 cup plus 2 Tb all-purpose flour
* 2 Tb cornstarch
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* Generous pinch of ground cardamom
* 1/3 cup of chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, milk, oil, sugar, and rosewater until completely combined.
3. In a small bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until completely mixed on low-medium speed with an electric mixer.
5. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the pistachios.
6. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter and bake for approximately 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. The tops may turn golden yellow like in the above picture.
Now for the frosting. The cupcake book actually uses a rosewater glaze. This time around I made it into a frosting, which I liked better. The glaze makes a bit of a mess and it just too sweet.