|Try using crisp Spartans for this recipe|
These are so very yummy with tea on a crisp
Autumn Day! We like them cold too, or on ice cream, and best of all atop a maple butter cupcake! YUM ...
1 large egg white
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 large apples, peeled and cored
Canola oil for frying
Saigon Cinnamon and sugar in shaker or bowl
For the icing Drizzle:
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar Whisk to combine
- Whisk egg white until foamy. Whisk in the water and vanilla. Next, whisk in the flour and salt add sugar as needed.
- Slice the apples into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip apple rings into batter and then place into the oil. Allow the apples to fry in small batches and turn frequently. Remove from the oil when golden brown and place on a paper towel over cooling rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar while still hot
- Transfer rings to a new wire rack and place the wire rack on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the rings turn crispy.
- Drizzle the glaze over the rings and serve warm.