Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Pound Cake "the way to a man's heart"
Monday Cake #1 Please blog your results in comments! Enjoy
You will need:
* 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, plus more for pan
* 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
* 3 cups sugar
* 5 eggs
* 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
* 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With a mixer, cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Mix in vanilla. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
This is a formatted Paula Dean recipe and it rocks!