Saturday, December 12, 2009
We love Hogmanay and continue to celebrate in Canada, otherwise known as New Years.
I make black bun and plum pudding and serve in our foil red liners with our tartan mary liners over top of the foil for a fancy look. This year my new friend and store artist Cary Walters designed these toppers exclusively for Sweet Cuppin Cakes.
When you order our Auld Sang Syne Package you get 12 red foil, 12 tartan Mary and 12 Toppers as you see above. We still have some left for anyone wishing to continue celebrating into the new year.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Retro, Red Velvet Christmas Candy Cane Cakes! Now, say that ten times fast! These tender and moist cakes are baked in the silver retro Christmas and red glassine cupcake liners available from the online store. Just simply bake your cupcakes in the red (or pink) liner and place cooled cupcakes into the more festive wrapper for double the fun! Your guests and tummies will love them!
Happy Holidays and Happy baking.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
(photo by: Richard Eskite)
So my pals give this one a go if you are extremely enthusiastic. We tested this recipe and it makes for a delicious cupcake as well. Who knows it could be a family tradition.
Christmas Lane Cake
yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
Dried cherries and apricots highlight this impressive version of a southern classic.
From Bon Appétit Dec 1999
* 3 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
* 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup whole milk
* 8 large egg whites
* 3/4 cup bourbon
* 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
* 3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
* 8 large egg yolks
* 1 1/3 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
* 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
* 4 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
* 1 1/2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
* 3/4 cup powdered sugar
* 3 tablespoons bourbon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
* Pecan halves (optional)
* Dried apricot halves