Funfetti from Scratch in Honour of Cakespy Jessie Oleson
well because I love her (insert heart here) and her funfetti pancakes =o) Seriously I made them and they were the FETTI of fun I tell ya!
Now we do not normally get this in Canada but I know what it is because I live in the USA as well. Funfetti is similar to the Betty Crocker Rainbow Chip Cake mix BUT It is made by the Pillsbury Dough boy SOOOOO it should simply not be questioned about it's insane fun-ness and even more fun-ness when cakespy gets her hands on it!
Breakfast? Well why the heck not? It has eggs in it and cream cheese can be doused atop for a fantabulous Cakespy kind of event and Do NOT forget to check out this recipe on Serious Eats and then pop over to Jessie's Blog and get a take on the wee groundhog cake. Happy Birthday Lloyd xox
Let's get started:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 XL egg whites
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- a handful of rainbow sprinkles (jimmies), optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together melted butter and sugar until combined. Add egg whites and beat until mixture is smooth and light. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the yogurt. Gently fold in sprinkles, if using. Scoop batter into prepared tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until cupcakes are barely golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out with a couple of loose crumbs. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in tins. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Why yes those are Jessie's pancakes! Isn't she simply put, Maaaaaahvelous.
- About 1/3 cup and 3 T of softened butter
- 10 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract