Thursday, September 29, 2011

Austrian Lemon Frosting love my Great Gran

Frost your cups Lemon
You could tint more yellow but I like it pale


Growing up I didn't see a lot of lemon in desserts except at Easter or Mother's Day, so I guessed just Easter Bunnies and Mum's liked lemon. It did not matter to me because I was not particularly fond of it at all. In trying this recipe, for the life of me I cannot figure out why I disliked it so much because this is delicious! So much so I will even make a batch for my poppy seed loaf recipe.





Austrian Lemon Frosting
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 3/4 cups icing sugar
Blend low for 3 minutes Then Beat on high speed for an additional 5 minutes until super fluffy Add an additional tablespoon of lemon juice as you go if required.

Children's Buttercream
1/4 pound butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tbsp cotton candy flavour* (my alteration) GR Gran used violet essence. (I loved that)
Any gel food colour * my alteration

     Beat butter in bowl of electric mixer for about 5 to 8 minutes OR until butter turns white.
     Gradually beat in half of the sugar, all the milk and then the remaining sugar.
     If you'd like a thicker mixture, add extra sugar on spoonful at a time.

No comments: