Tuesday, October 4, 2011

No Bake Amazingly Good Don't drop your fork Cheesecake Pie

No Bake Amazingly Good Don't drop your fork Cheesecake Pie

For a few days now, since Saturday, I have had a couple of things on my mind. Nothing overly exerting or anything, well maybe the song driving me nuts in my brain. Yes, a song I heard at my nieces wedding that will not leave my mind. My brain starts singing it to me at random intervals of my day; like now .... It goes something like "If you like it you should've put a ring on it oh oh oh" It is likely I got the lyrics wrong but the music part is bopping around in my head like a bad dream. Where does it happen most, in my kitchen of all places, where my other conundrum happens to be. My daughter has come forth with the song should anyone else want to go bonkers It's BeyoncĂ© — Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Thanks my daughter Jen, now please help Mum remove it from her mind. Friends it is horrible.
Onward ....

Chocolate Cream Pie: YES But not likely any old pie if you know me at all. It must be my Grans pie because there was magic in it. Gosh I should have paid a little closer attention to those odd twists and turns in the kitchen, she made. Kind of like "with a finger aside of her nose" kind of thing, "she turned with a jerk" Well after my great hunt I found the magic and in 2 short days this pie will be hitting the bellies of all I love on Thanksgiving. 

CRUST and CHEESECAKE
  • 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar                                    
  • 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted with an additional 
  • 2 tbsp dark cocoa * and cooled *follow pkg directions for this
  • 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate extract or vanilla

How to make this Cheesecake PIe

FOR CRUST:

 MIX graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together in 2 - 9 inch pie pans Bake at 350 for 8 minutes if you like. This firms up the crust but not required.

FOR CHEESECAKE

Sprinkle over water in small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Warm over low heat, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat. 

Beat cream cheese and melted chocolate in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Stir in gelatin mixture; fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pie crusts. 2 prepared 9-inch (9 ounces each) graham cracker crusts can be substituted for the 9-inch spring-form bottom. Divide filling evenly. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until set.Can be served with fruit and more whipped topping and Nestle chocolate shavings.


No comments: