Thursday, October 6, 2011

PIneapple Topping or Filling for Cupcakes

PIneapple topping or filling for Cupcakes






Ever want something other than buttercream, I hear you! I have changed a lot of things in this wee recipe and am certain my Gran did too. I had hoped to find a snipping with her wild writing on it.

8 ounces cream cheese
1 small box instant pudding vanilla (today I used Cheesecake pudding)
14 ounce can of crushed pineapple with juice
8 ounces whipped topping
Mix together cream cheese, instant pudding and crushed pineapple with juice. The trick here is to beat the cream cheese until it is very light and fluffy adding the pudding mix with most of the pineapple juice. When this is done stir in the remaining crushed pineapple and any leftover juice. Gently fold in whipped topping to the mixture. It is important to fold in the whipped topping with a large spatula, because you do not want to beat the dickens out of the air in the whipped topping. Get a large pastry bag armed and ready with an R4 pastry/meringue tip. (this is much bigger than a Wilton tip. I have a guide below of what not to buy. I keep a few of the R4 nozzles in my webstore.)
Today I made a three layer torte for my Doc, for Thanksgiving, because if there is anyone I am thankful for it is her. She takes care of our whole family and the awesome thing is she cares!

Pipe your topping on, in winder motion round and round or dollup dollup dollup! The dollup motion uses less frosting and wont make "too much" for anyone .... once you taste this though, there really is not a too much! Also do not get any exciting ideas of covering this in a white ganache, it doesnt work and it ends up looking like a meteor rock on top of your cupcake. You can however, take an apple corer and twist out some cake, fill the hole and frost with a whipped cream frosting.
1 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla or 1 tsp coconut flavouring
Whip until soft peaks form and pipe with a large round nozzle fitted bag atop your cupcake.
Here I dolloped with a big spoon because it is soooo good!
Do not throw out your cored bits of cake, save them for crumble topping or cake balls. I store mine in the freezer until I have enough to do anything with, generally 2 cups. We will talk cake recipes in a couple of days. It is quite beneficial to this dessert to keep it cold.

R4 Nozzle used for meringues is the tip to use!


This is the chart of tips not to use for this recipe:
Hope you enjoy and would love if you commented below with whatever version you come up with!
Lynds

1 comment:

Ljepota Je Zdravlje said...

Excellent blog and its contents with a lot of interesting information, thank God for Google translator pages, we can look at blogs in other languages ​​once more praise and compliments