Monday, January 28, 2013

Mayo Cake

Mayonnaise Cake

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
4 Tablespoons cocoa

Mix together and add:
1 cup cold water
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


Each week I am going to publish a recipe for you to try and give me feedback on how it turned out. This week I put up a frosting and a cake my Gran used to make, I will admit I use 2 extra tbsp of dark cocoa powder to the mayo 

The crusting frosting works gorgeous on this if you want a decorated white frosting on chocolate cake with flowers etc. This is what is typically used of you were to order a cake from the bakery here where I live. 

Preferably an nice Italian buttercream is the finest frosting but we always don't always have time for that do we?

No comments: