Monday, November 8, 2010

Lemon Shortbread Cupcake Cookies A Recipe

 When it would happen I did not know. I knew it would happen though, so that is an intuitive A++ for me. Cookies! Well indeed cookies happened, but to find an actual cookie cupcake recipe! For reals you guys. This just sets my little shoppe into trendy trendy trendy avant-garde territory. Now I better tell you why. I had thought of the cookie project myself and played with recipes because after-all cupcake liners are finicky little papers whether we would like to know that or not. They are not all so conforming to some recipes as we have learned in some point of our baking careers.
After deciding brownies sucked in baking liners I moved on. So I go and order a bunch of my 39 size liners, a bunch and to get them made a have to wait quite a while not to mention all the bakeries we supply to gobbling them up. Okay on with it, I do have some in stock and waiting for you, how long I couldn't say But this recipe I just had to share because I love you.
Lynds

Lemon Shortbread Cupcake Cookies
2 cups all purp flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 cup confectioners sugar
3-4tbsp finely shredded lemon peel (you can add orange here too)
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (real lemon juice)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp vanilla and please use real vanilla too I like Neilsen Massey Vanilla Bean paste for this recipe
Lemony Glaze
Oven temp 300 degrees. 24 mini cupcake liners neatly set into your wee pans.
Stir together flour and cornstarch set aside a bit
Put your confectioners sugar in a bowl and the lemon peel (this step makes a huge difference) then push that lemon peel through and through until your sugar is fragrant and yellow Oh YUM.
Then in you mixer beat the butter until almost white (yes it does) Add sugar mixture and then flour mixture. Perfect
Now roll into 24 equal balls (I use a small ice cream scoop (disher) for this)
You can also use a scale but use something.
Now press your perfect little balls into your pretty pans lined with festive paper.
Bake gently at 300 for 20 minutes they will be only very very light brown
Now to glaze:
Do not do this in advance or your liners will fall off! When ready to serve beat up in a wee bowl 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of corn syrup (I like the golden) and 1 1/2 - 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel and finally 1 tbsp of vanilla bean paste. Perfect (it will be a little thick) Por your glaze into a squeeze bottle (yeah I am gonna say it Wilton) and gently squirt the glaze on your cookies Let stand a bit and serve!

Oh yeah you can freeze those cookie cupcakes for a month without the glaze. Alternatively you can decorate these cookies with glaze and royal frosting flowers or what have you!

3 comments:

Nanasniftynitch said...

You left out the sugar amount in the batter part of the recipe. I want to try this one. Sounds wonderful, lemony and oh sooo good.

Lyns said...

Why thank you my friend xo

Russian girls said...

Probably it is very tasty. Thanks for the recipe.