Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lemon Buttermilk Cupcakes w. Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting and Blueberry Linzer Cookies

Back in December Lyndsay from sweet cuppin cakes bakery sent me a flower linzer cookie cutter set to create a cookie/cupcake combo. Well, with being sick for almost the entire month of December I finally got around to making the combo. I will admit that I was a little distressed about pairing the two because I couldn't come up with a good combo. I decided to do one of my and my taster's favorites: a lemon buttermilk cupcake with blueberry cream cheese frosting and a buttery blueberry linzer cookie. This cupcake is probably one of the best ones I have made in a while. The cake is super moist, creamy frosting and a crisp cookie. Plus, I absolutely loved the linzer cookie cutter and its recipe. The set came with a recipe card and directions, which made it easy to use and follow. I think I will be creating a lot more with the this cookie cutter. Visit sweet cuppin cakes bakery to see her online store, there is a great selection!

The cupcake on the left is lemon with a traditional cream cheese frosting, and the one on the right is lemon with blueberry cream cheese frosting.

For Christmas, my Mother gave me a mini giant cupcake pan, I thought that the large flower cookie made a great addition.

No comments: